Guarantee registration terms and conditions
Vaillant commercial boilers guarantee terms and conditions.
ecoTEC plus wall hung boilers 46, 65, 80, 100 and 120 kW – 5 years.
ecoCRAFT Floor Standing Boilers 80, 120, 160, 200, 240, and 280 kW – 5 years.
Terms and conditions:-
Installation must be carried out by a suitably competent gas engineer who is a member of an approved `class of persons’, as recognised by the HSE. (at the time of this publication the only body with such approval is the Gas Safe Register www.gassaferegister.co.uk). All such works must be fully recorded in the Benchmark checklist and service record found within the installation manual accompanying the product.
- Registration must be carried out within 30 days of first commissioning of the appliance.
- You must provide the full 28 digit serial number of the appliance. This is clearly shown on the boiler packaging as well as the appliance data plate and removable stickers attached to the back of the control box.
- Full installation details including post code, contact person’s name and a telephone contact number must be supplied/
- The boiler, its controls and flue systems must be installed in full accordance with the supplied installation manual as well as all prevailing building control regulations, local regulations and the flue termination must allow for full free dispersal of the flue products and not cause a nuisance due to visible plume.
- The boiler must be flushed to ensure that there are no contaminates within the heat exchanger before initial firing.
- All water circulating within the boiler is checked for hardness and salinity and correctly and fully inhibited.
- Water circulating within the boiler is maintained in a clean condition and kept correctly inhibited throughout the boiler life cycle.
- Where new boilers are installed onto existing systems the use of system separation by use of a plate heat exchanger should be considered as part of the upgrade to protect the boiler from ingress of dirt from the system (In this case the plate heat exchanger may then need to be protected with a dirt filter).
- The Benchmark log book must be completed by the Installer at point of installation and retained on site by the occupier for inspection during an engineer visit.
- The cost of the annual service is not included in the guarantee.
- The guarantee applies to the boiler at the installation address and is not transferable with a change of owner.
- The Vaillant guarantee will cover all major components within the boiler against defects from manufacture for a period of 5 years from the registration date.
- The guarantee on any replacement parts does not extend the guarantee period beyond the original term.
- All other Vaillant articles and accessories will be covered against defects from manufacturer for a period of 2 years from the registration date.
- Only boiler component failures are covered by the guarantee; it does not apply to other system accessories or components e.g. thermostats, time clocks, motorised valves, pipe work etc.
- If any failure is caused by contaminated water in the system the engineer visit becomes chargeable.
- All installation, non boiler or external system fault calls will be charged to the owner or occupier and could also invalidate your guarantee.
- For calls requested to boilers within the guarantee period a refundable deposit may be required; returned in full if the diagnosed fault is covered by the boiler guarantee.
- Invoices for attendance and repair of this appliance by third parties will not be accepted for payment by Vaillant Group.
- Vaillant Group reserves the right to change the general Terms & Conditions (but not the guarantee terms) at anytime and its decision regarding guarantee claims is final.
Your guarantee is provided to you by Vaillant Group UK of Nottingham Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1JT; should your boiler develop a fault please contact your original installer or alternatively contact Vaillant Group Service on 0344 693 3133
This guarantee is valid in the United Kingdom and Ireland only.
Your consumer statutory rights will remain unaffected by the provision and use of the guarantee; Trading Standards may offer you advice if required. In the event of failing to register the guarantee however the Company will require proof of purchase before commencing repairs